Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Breath of Life

Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. Genesis 2:7

Life/living: the Hebrew word can mean "living, alive; raw, fresh, running (water); life, refreshment"

Being: the Hebrew word means "soul"

It's not about me finding life or getting it back. I need God to breathe His spirit of life/refreshment/vitality into me. The thought of being raw and fresh, like running water...ahhhhhhh! THAT is it. I can see it, hear it, taste it. Raw. In its truest form, "out there" and authentic. Flowing.
"And man became a living being." Without the breath of God, I am dust. I am a body without a soul. I cannot grow, I can only decay. I cannot move or feel or choose or create. But when Abba breathes into me, my soul is born. My soul was conceived, and is sustained by, the Breath of Life.
Oh, Abba, breathe into me. Refresh me, revive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment